Welcome to the experiment
Launching an Open Beta for Vikings of Thule is not only a major milestone for us, it is also an experiment and a huge bet. We are actively asking you – the players who participate in our Beta program – to be our Quality Assurance team. The first days are guaranteed to be raw and rough, with buggy clients and unstable servers, but we are forging an agreement. You get to help us set the course, prioritize what comes next and decide on where we go from here. We promise to listen, update the client as often as necessary and do everything we can to build a benchmark when it comes to online social games.
How this works
On October 15 th 2009 we will reset the game and that will signal the end of the official Open Beta period. If everything goes according to plan that will be the only time we will intentionally reset the game. This reset is planned so we can use the Beta period to balance every aspect of the overall experience – even re-calculate values and parameters within the period. Up until the reset, we ask you to actively work with us to create the best experience possible. Of course, those of you who participate will have an advantage after the reset, as you already know how the game works and how it should be played.
· Use the Feedback Box at the top of the application site to send us your thoughts, comments and ideas.
· Use the Beta Testers Group forums for additional feedback and open communication with us/others.
· Everyone who creates a Viking avatar and sends us a comment during the Open Beta period will get a special item which will only be available for Beta Testers. This item will be available to avatars after the reset.
· 10 people who we feel gave us the most valuable feedback during the Open Beta Periodwill additionally get limited edition items which can be worn and used after the reset.
· The person who leads the game just before reset will also get a handful of Silver Coins which can be used to buy more expensive items after the reset.
As we see it, the Beta is only the beginning. It only includes a small portion of the world we want to create. There is so much more to explore. The world of Thule is set to expand and grow with time. The Vikings are coming.
If you want to help us realize this, please donate. The official release will include an item economy but until then, we are completely dependent on your goodwill and support.If you donate, you will receive special in-game jewelry that indicates your special support for the game.
Features & Roadmap
A detailed list of features will be posted to the Beta Testers Group. We will also publish a roadmap which outlines the features that we are currently working on or want to include in future releases. Please help us prioritize and add to that list.
Here is the Beta: http://apps.facebook.com/vikingsofthule/